PAST TRIALS AND RESEARCH PROJECTs
The Barbara Gross Research Unit has been involved in a diverse array of clinical trials over many years. Some of the studies we have conducted have included:
- Mood Swings and Anxiety.
- Studies of novel treatments for post-menopausal osteoporosis.
- A study of different common treatments for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) to establish which treatment works best.
- Trials of new Oral Contraceptive Pills.
- Non-hormonal treatments for menopausal symptoms such as hot flushes and night sweats, including both pharmaceutical treatments and herbal treatments.
- Testosterone therapy for treatment of low libido after menopause.
- A study of an innovative treatment that combined the use of intra-uterine ultrasound to visualise uterine fibroids with an ablation device.
- Treatments to improve quality of life and reduce ongoing symptoms in women who have been treated for breast cancer.
- A study of an alternative device for treating urinary incontinence.
- Natural therapies for the treatment of high cholesterol.
- Natural therapies for the treatment of osteoarthritis of the knee.