- Reviewing your gynaecological history, general medical health and family history of disease (such as a history of ovarian or breast cancer, or osteoporosis).
- Pap smear – this can detect or prevent the development of cervical cancer. If you have previously had an abnormal result you may need a checkup within a shorter timeframe.
- Pelvic Examination – using a speculum, we examine your vagina and cervix. This involves palpating (feeling) the pelvic organs to check for any problems.
- Infection screen – looking for sexually transmitted infections (STIs), as you can sometimes have no symptoms, but these could cause problems with fertility or pelvic pain.
- Pelvic ultrasound – if required, this provides information about your pelvic organs (particularly your ovaries and uterus).
- Breast examination may also be performed.
We also can refer you to specialist services for
- Breast screening – mammogram and ultrasound
- Bone density screening
- Blood tests as required
When you book your appointment, please avoid making it for when you are menstruating, as we cannot perform a thorough evaluation and pap smear if you are bleeding.
If you have a specific enquiry for our WHRIA specialists
For most of our services, we require a referral from your GP.
Find Out More
To find out more about your condition, please review our health information for facts on a variety of health topics
Browse Health Information
If you'd like to speak to our staff directly about your health related questions, please feel free to contact us today. Your enquiry will be kept to the strictest of confidence.