November 25th, 2017
Do you suffer from poor sleep due to hot flushes? Panic attacks? Mood swings for no good reason? If you are going through or have passed menopause and are suffering, you are not alone. A large Australian survey found 400, 000 women are having severe menopausal symptoms, but only 1 in 8 are being treated when simple, effective treatment is available. Many women have been frightened to take hormones, due to misinformation many years ago.
The 2016 Australian release of a safe, plant-based, easily absorbed HRT provides more options for women with menopausal symptoms. Watch this short video on Studio 10 TV by clicking here, where John Eden explains more about studies, treatment improvements and when to seek help.
WHRIA’s A/Prof John Eden is one of Australia’s few dual-qualified reproductive endocrinologist and gynaecologists. This unique combination of knowledge and experience places him at the forefront of managing women’s hormones, world-wide.
Watch Dr Eden on 9 News New menopause treatment drug to hit pharmacies across Australia
Important New Developments in Hormone Replacement Therapy –
Body-Identical HRT: Micronised Progesterone is finally available in Australia
Dr John Eden
• The lack of quality control and testing has led the International Menopause Society to instruct their members not to use hand-made, compounded HRT in the form of troches, creams and pessaries.
• Oral (including troche) DHEA appears to have no role in the management of menopausal women and should not be included in a body-identical HRT regimen.
• Progestins negate much of the cardiovascular benefits of oestrogens and appear to be the HRT component linked to the slightly increased risk of breast cancer.
• Body-identical hormones are exact duplicates of the human hormones.
• Micronised progesterone is superior to progestins in terms of safety profile and side-effects and may reduce hot flushes when used alone; it may be combined with systemic oestrogen.
Read the full article on our Health Information page Hormone Replacement Therapy – Micronised Progesterone has arrived.